Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is the season of giving (and receiving)

Take the title however you want, literally, metaphorically, it'll all come together by the end.

Christmas is a wonderful (subjective) season where people freeze their asses off, eat lots of yummy food, and buy gifts (oftentimes fruitcake) for their friends, family, and even acquaintances (remember how I said fruitcake?). Last week my friend asked me if we should get presents for each other. I had no clue what to get her, so I just asked her what she wanted. Since that yielded nothing, I turned to a fellow brogger who will remain nameless. Chuck gave me an idea of a "stuffed animal with a Christmas stocking and 'naughty kisses'."

I had to go to the post office today to ship my D300 that sold the other night, so I figured I'd stop by the local retailer to purchase some goods. I found everything except these 'naughty kisses'. Confused, I immediately texted Chuck who was probably just coming out of a final and was still very concentrated on the subject matter. Needless to say, I stood in the store for 5 minutes trying to figure out what the hell he said, because I can assure you, it had nothing to do with Hershey's Kisses.

I ended up buying several items that fit rather well together. At the risk of sounding gay, I can assure you that this is a cute present. I can't take all the credit though. Anyway, I hope she likes it, because it was pretty damn cold out today.

Now at this point, you're probably wondering how this could possibly relate to any possible metaphors about giving and receiving. I applaud your curiosity, because I have no fcking idea. I just wanted to lure you into reading this.

-NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON-

I'm gonna go back to studying about BJT and MOSFET amplifiers now. kbai!

-update-

she loved it =P


3 comments:

Unknown said...

fck yeah, seaking!!

Raechel said...

what did you buy?

Chuck said...

described the awkward moment perfectly