Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wow, Newegg, Just Wow

So as many of you heard, FarCry 2 came out today. Ecstatic, I quickly left my Psych 140 midterm and went to the GameStop on Telegraph Ave., next to Chipotle. On the way, I stopped in front of Wheeler because I wanted to see if UPS had delivered my video card. After a few minutes of painful iPod Touch navigation, I finally reached the UPS tracking page. Since "Status" said "Delivered," I headed to Postal Annex with a stop off at Kips to get lunch. Seeing as how I spent over $700 a few days ago, I opted for the $3.95 daily special of Sweet and Sour Pork. (I probably should have just gone to Chipotle like my original plan, but the line was out the door.)

After playing some Texas Hold 'em on my Touch, I took my food and went across the street toward Postal Annex. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a postal store that has mailboxes you can rent and ship stuff to so delivery drivers have no excuse for not being able to have someone sign for a package. After picking up my package from Newegg, I headed home to eat lunch, install FarCry 2, and watch some Top Gear (the one where they go to Africa--coincidentally, FC2 takes place in Africa). Even though I told myself I wouldn't play until the weekend, I ended up skipping my EE20 discussion (I lost track of time) to play until EE105 lecture at 4pm.

Speaking of EE105, there was an extremely cute Korean girl (she had an Asus Eee-PC with Korean Windows and Office 2k7) who came in and sat down in the row in front of me. Unfortunately I don't think she was in the class because she was making her schedule and had Econ, MCB, and Philosophy classes...I figured she was just someone's friend. Luckily, the professor didn't post lecture slides AND ran over time so she gave everyone credit on the quiz question.

After 105, I came home for a bit to finish my RCC meeting agenda, then quickly headed to the U1 ASC for the ASC meeting. I walked in to find vchu working on the printers, which put a big smile on my face because that meant I could bring the printer that doesn't require service back to the ASC. So after the RCC meeting, vchu and I spent some time setting up the printers at U1. Hopefully they work for more than a day...assuming the APC orders non-crappy toner. Hooray for public insitutions, no money to pay for laser toner!

So you're probably thinking, wow, this guy went on tangent after tangent after tangent...well that's too bad, maybe I won't do well in E190. The whole point of telling you about my day is that:

NEWEGG SENT ME THE WRONG VIDEO CARD.

I had ordered the EVGA GTX 280 SSC edition...and they sent me the SC edition. I mean sure the names look similar, but come on. For that, Newegg is getting a call at 8am where I shall demand they overnight me the correct card, and pay for return shipping on this card.

FarCry 2 isn't horrible on the 8800GTX...but it can always be better. Hope you enjoyed the story! I'm gonna go pass out now...


1 comment:

Chuck said...

TLDR

jk, I hope Newegg overnights you a the right card.